Quantitative Ecology Module for Master and PhD students in Ceske Budejovice (Budweis)
February 14, 2017
I take the liberty to invite you (if you are not a student, then your students) to take part in the Quantitative Ecology Module for Master and PhD students in Ceske Budejovice (Budweis) from October 2017 till January 2018.
- The module comprises ten core courses, from which the students select according to their interest (and need to get credits.
The ten core courses are:
• Design and Analysis of Ecological Experiments
• Modern Regression Methods
• Ecology of Biological Invasions
• Molecular Ecology
• Functional Traits in Ecology
• Community Ecology
• Tropical Ecology
• Evolutionary Ecology
• Creative publishing in community ecology
The courses run on a weekly bases, from October 2017 to January 2018 and are
preceded by a field course in September. Students from EU are recommended to ask for Erasmus support.
- The module is completely free of charge, there are no tuition fees
- The living expenses in the Czech Republic are very low, one of the lowest in EU
- Among the tutors, there are recent or former (associate) editors/board members of Ecology Letters, Journal of Applied Ecology, Journal of Vegetation Science, Basic and Applied Ecology, Community Ecology.
- Everybody is warmly welcome
- More information on http://botanika.prf.jcu.cz/quantecol/
where you can also download also the simple Application form.
Looking forward to see you / your students here in Ceske Budejovice
Department of Botany
University of South Bohemia
tel. +420 387772374